The following data protection information informs you about the processing of your personal data within the application procedure at Dr. Schumacher GmbH, its group companies, departments and groups in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG). This data protection information applies both to applications for specific advertisements and to unsolicited applications.
Controller responsible for the processing of your personal data:
As long as no deviating contractual agreements have been made, the competent and responsible controller for the collection, processing and use of your personal data is:
Dr. Schumacher GmbH
Am Roggenfeld 3
in the Federal Republic of Germany.
We use an electronic applicant management system to process and store applicant data. The technical configuration of the applicant management system is designed in such a way that only a small circle of specifically authorized persons within a role and authorization concept are authorized to access this data.
Categories of personal data and data sources:
Dr. Schumacher GmbH collects and processes the following personal data that you (the applicant) have made available through your application (hereinafter referred to as “applicant data”) both in paper format and in digital form. This includes:
- Contact details such as your name, address, telephone number, email address;
- Bank details (for the purpose of reimbursing travel expenses);
- Information regarding your professional experience and skills, such as CV data, as well as performance references, evaluations, certificates, quotas;
- Preferred area of activity;
- Legitimation data (e.g. ID card data);
- Correspondence data (e.g. exchange of letters);
- Optional information that you provide us with voluntarily in your application (e.g. photo);
The processing of special types of personal data in accordance with Article 9 GDPR, is not provided for. However, if you communicate these to us during the application process, we will also process them. We recommend that in the context of your application, you only provide the personal data necessary to complete the application.
Purposes of data processing and legal basis:
The purpose of collecting and processing applicant data is to establish an application process for recruitment and hiring purposes and to determine the skills and suitability of applicants who have applied for a position (hereinafter referred to as “processing purposes”):
Dr. Schumacher GmbH relies on the following legal bases regarding data processing:
- Decision on the establishment of an employment relationship (Art. 88 (1) GDPR in connection with Section 26 (1) BDSG);
- Legitimate interest of Dr. Schumacher GmbH, Dr. Schumacher GmbH’s subsidiaries or third parties for whom the legitimate interest in application management exists (Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR)
- Consent, if you have given your explicit consent, the legal basis for this is Art. 6 (1) (a) GDPR and Art. 88 (1) GDPR in connection with Section 26 (2) GDPR;
- Compliance with legal regulations (Art. 6 (1) (c) GDPR)
The provision of applicant data is voluntary. The data is required for the implementation and administration of the application process, unless we have expressly stated otherwise when collecting the data. If you do not provide the applicant data, this could prevent the application process from going forward, meaning Dr. Schumacher GmbH unfortunately cannot consider your application.
Categories of recipients:
Dr. Schumacher GmbH will only pass on your personal data within the company to the departments and persons relevant to the application who need the data to fulfill contractual and legal obligations or to implement our legitimate interest.
Dr. Schumacher GmbH may pass on your personal data to third parties for the following processing purposes:
- Within the group: Dr. Schumacher GmbH may transfer your personal data to affiliated companies within the group to the extent necessary and permissible for the position. Access to your personal data is limited to the group of people who need the information to carry out their role.
- Data processing company: Your personal data may be processed on the basis of commissioned processing contracts in accordance with Art. 28 GDPR, insofar as this is necessary for processing purposes. We ensure that personal data is processed in accordance with the provisions of the GDPR. The recipient categories in this case are our provider of our applicant management system and software as well as our Internet service provider. The contract processors are contractually obliged to implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect personal data and to process the data as contractually specified.
Any further transfer of data to recipients outside of the company will only take place to the extent permitted or required by law, if the transfer is necessary to fulfill legal obligations or if we have attained your express consent.
Your application data will be stored by Dr. Schumacher GmbH and our service provider for as long as is necessary to decide the outcome of your application, to fulfill our obligations and at most for the time necessary to achieve the purposes, in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If an employment, training or internship relationship arises following the application procedure, your application data will continue to be stored and transferred to the personnel file, if permissible and necessary.
If you have applied for a position but received a rejection from us, we will save your application documents for a further 3 months. After the 3 months have expired, all of your personal data will be deleted, unless they are needed for further legal purposes as well as a lawsuit.
If we would like to add you to our pool of applicants, we will first ask you for your consent. If you give your consent, we would like to store your application documents for another year for a re-evaluation or for positions that become vacant later down the line. After this year has expired your data will be deleted.
Automated decision making:
Dr. Schumacher GmbH does not use automated decision making including profiling within the meaning of Article 22 GDPR in connection with the application process.
Your rights as a data subject:
If data is processed on the basis of your consent, you are entitled to revoke your consent at any time with effect for the future in accordance with Art. 7 GDPR. Processing that took place before the revocation is not affected by this.
If the legal requirements are met, you have the right:
- to request information about which of your data we process (Art. 15 GDPR)
- to have your data corrected or deleted, insofar as this does not conflict with our legitimate interest or a legal obligation to process it (Art. 16, 17 GDPR)
- to restrict the processing of your data (Art. 18 GDPR)
- to be able to claim data transferability (Art. 20 GDPR)